» More Evidence Against a Methane Time Bomb

» Agriculture: Tropical Cyclones are Welcome Visitors

» Sea Level Acceleration: Not so Fast

» Hansen Is Wrong

» Earth’s Carbon Sink Still Strong and Growing

» Wild Speculation on Climate and Polar Bears

» Illiteracy at NASA

» The Heat Was On—Before Urbanization and Greenhouse Gases

» What’s to Blame for the Rains on the Plains?

NewsBusters - Global Warming

» CNN's Blitzer: 'I Don't Remember' Biden's Law School Plagiarism

» CNN's Chetry: 'Please Tell Me It's Not Lipstick Again'

» MRC Report Asks: Why No Fairness Doctrine for PBS?

Climate Science: Roger Pielke Sr. Research Group

» Roger Pielke Sr. is now on Twitter!

» 2012 Climate Science Weblog in Review by Dallas Jean Staley – A Guest Post

» The Weblog Is Retiring

» Publication Of “Reply to “Comment On ‘Ocean Heat Content And Earth’s Radiation Imbalance. II. Relation To Climate Shifts’ ” by Nuccitelli Et Al. By Douglass and Knox 2012

» Q&A From A Group Of Retired NASA Personnel And Associates

» The Importance of Land Use/Land Practices On Climate – A Perspective From Jon Foley

» Interview With James Wynn In The English Department At Carnegie Mellon University

» University Of Alabama At Huntsville October 2012 Lower Tropospheric Temperature Analysis

» USA Election Day 2012

» New Paper “Climatic Variability Over Time Scales Spanning Nine Orders of Magnitude: Connecting Milankovitch Cycles With Hurst–Kolmogorov Dynamics” By Markonis And Koutsoyiannis

» Joelle Gergis, Data Torturer

» Gergis

» Are energy budget TCR estimates biased low, as Richardson et al (2016) claim?

» Deflategate: Controversy is due to Scientist Error

» Schmidt’s Histogram Diagram Doesn’t Refute Christy

» Gavin Schmidt and Reference Period “Trickery”

» Objective Bayesian parameter estimation: Incorporating prior information

» Marvel et al.: GISS did omit land use forcing

» Bayesian parameter estimation: Radiocarbon dating re-examined

» Gerry Browning: In Memory of Professor Heinz Kreiss

Global Warming News

» Democratic Platform Vows To Meet Climate Challenge with Good-Paying Jobs, Cheaper Energy from Green Sources, and National Mobilization

» Cognitive Dissonance Among Elected Climate Alarmists

» Republican Party Platform: Paris Climate Treaty Requires Ratification; Defund UNFCCC; and Block EPA Climate Rules

» Philippine President Rejects Paris Climate Treaty

» Fifteen State AGs Ask Congress To Do Its Job

» House Hearing on Ivanpah Solar Plant Exposes Preferential Treatment

» EPA Administrator Testifies before House Science Committee

» EPA’s PM2.5 Co-Benefits PR Trick Exposed

» More Good News on Climate

» House Panel Asks McCarthy: How Is EPA’s Continuing Implementation of the Clean Power Plan Legal under the Stay?

More Global Warming Hoax News Feeds

---
Since Exxon Hasn't Sent Us Our First Million Dollars Yet You're Welcome To Help Pay Our Bills Until They Do.

Headlines

»PLAYING GOD? Tens of millions spent on huge project to change the WEATHER – ‘Putting chemicals in the sky’
»Hollywood stars target Trump’s ‘climate change denial’ 
»Little Green Lies: Why Electric Cars Won’t Save the Environment
»Dem platform rejects fossil fuels, but DNC gladly takes oil money
»Clinton campaign says carbon tax not out of the question
»Watch: Democrats at convention more worried about ‘climate change’ then ISIS
Delegates vote 'climate change' as bigger threat than ISIS.  Woman: "The threat of climate change is ...
»Review: ‘DO THE CLIMATE HUSTLE!’ – Film Called ‘Devastatingly Effective’ – ‘Funny’ (Order DVD Now)
'One of the most interesting aspects of the film is the number of left-leaning scientists it feature ...
»‘Climate Talking Points For Trump’
»Arnold Schwarzenegger takes on climate change in James Cameron’s DNC video
»Clinton adviser: Obama climate plan may have to be redesigned

Date published: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 21:53:20 +0000
Details

»The Warm Earth: Greenhouse Effect, or Atmospheric Pressure?
I continue to see some commenters here supporting the notion that the warmth of the lower atmosphere ...
»Pokemon Nerds View Chinese Spy Satellite Rocket Burning Up Over Western U.S.
Thousands of lucky onlookers got to see the upper stage of a Chinese rocket reenter the atmosphere a ...
»Solar Impulse: Poster Child for the Impracticality of Solar Power
Solar energy has some legitimate uses in isolated cases, such as providing electricity where there i ...
»Record Warm 2016? What a Difference One Month Makes
With the rapid cooling now occurring in the global average tropospheric temperature, my previous pre ...
»UAH Global Temperature Update for June 2016: +0.34 deg. C
Second largest 2-month drop in global average satellite temperatures. Largest 2-month drop in tropic ...
»More on the Global Climate Emergency: Email from a “Fan”
I get some hate email from time to time. Actually, not very much. I guess I’m still cruising u ...
»“Climate System Scientist” Claims Jet Stream Crossing the Equator is Unprecedented
Paul Beckwith has a masters degree in laser optics, which he has somehow parlayed into being a “Climate System Scientist” to spread alarmism about the climate system. But his post “Unprecedented, Jet Stream Crosses Equator” suggests he knows little of meteorology, let alone climate. A “jet stream” in the usual sense of the word is […]
»2016 Will Likely See Record Global Warmth in Satellite Data
…but the approaching La Nina might extend the global warming pause to 20 years. Even though gl ...
»If Skeptics can be Prosecuted for Fraud, So can Alarmists
I’m glad to see this news report today, and I’ve been saying the same thing ever since t ...
»No, Spencer’s Research Wasn’t Funded by Peabody
My vacation this week was interrupted this morning by some hate e-mail…apparently, the recent ...

Date published: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 18:00:55 +0000
Details

»My Climate Plan, Wherein a Climate Skeptic Actually Advocates for A Carbon Tax
I am always amazed at how people like to draw conclusions about what I write merely from the title, ...
»Come See My Climate Talk on Wednesday Evening, February 24, at Claremont-McKenna College
I am speaking on Wednesday night at the Athenaeum at Claremont-McKenna College near Pomona on Wednes ...
»US Average Temperature Trends in Context
Cross-posted from Coyoteblog. There was some debate a while back around about a temperature chart so ...
»Revisiting (Yet Again) Hansen’s 1998 Forecast on Global Warming to Congress
I want to briefly revisit Hansen’s 1998 Congressional forecast.  Yes, I and many others have c ...
»Matt Ridley: What the Climate Wars Did to Science
I cannot recommend Matt Ridley’s new article strongly enough.  It covers a lot of ground be he ...
»Manual Adjustments in the Temperature Record
I have been getting inquiries from folks asking me what I think about stories like this one, where P ...
»Mistaking Cyclical Variations for the Trend
I titled my very first climate video “What is Normal,” alluding to the fact that climate ...
»Typhoons and Hurricanes
(Cross-posted from Coyoteblog) The science that CO2 is a greenhouse gas and causes some warming is h ...
»Those Who Follow Climate Will Definitely Recognize This
This issue will be familiar to anyone who has spent time with temperature graphs.  We can ask oursel ...
»Layman’s Primer on the Climate Skeptic Position
I am a “lukewarmer”, which means a skeptic that agrees that man-made CO2 is incrementall ...

Date published: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 16:20:20 +0000
Details

»Trump-ing Hillary on EPA and Global Warming
By Steve Milloy, Breitbart.com If he lives up to his campaign rhetoric, a President Donald Trump wou ...
»Jimmy Kimmel: Totally F**king Wrong on Climate Change
By James Delingpole, Breitbart.com Jimmy Kimmel is great. Probably the most relaxed, amiable, and fu ...
»Obama’s Violating the Constitution by Not Submitting Climate Treaty to Senate
The Daily Signal Today at United Nations Headquarters in New York City, Secretary of State John Kerr ...
»Climate Hustle Coming to Theaters on May 2, The Debate is Just Beginning
By Elmer Beauregard I had the privilege of going to D.C. to see the Premiere of Climate Hustle last ...
»‘Climate Hustle’ goes to DC: Skeptical film to premiere on Capitol Hill
Riveting panel with Gov. Sarah Palin and other guests (March 31, 2016) The U.S. premiere of CFACT’s ...

Date published: Thu, 05 May 2016 20:12:47 +0000
Details

»Joelle Gergis, Data Torturer
In 2012, the then much ballyhoo-ed Australian temperature reconstruction of Gergis et al 2012 myster ...
»Gergis
redirect to here
»Are energy budget TCR estimates biased low, as Richardson et al (2016) claim?
A guest post by Nic Lewis   Introduction and Summary In a recently published paper (REA16), Mar ...
»Deflategate: Controversy is due to Scientist Error
I’ve submitted an article entitled “New Light on Deflategate: Critical Technical Errors ...
»Schmidt’s Histogram Diagram Doesn’t Refute Christy
In my most recent post,  I discussed yet another incident in the long running dispute about the inco ...
»Gavin Schmidt and Reference Period “Trickery”
In the past few weeks, I’ve been re-examining the long-standing dispute over the discrepancy b ...
»Objective Bayesian parameter estimation: Incorporating prior information
A guest article by Nic Lewis Introduction In a recent article I discussed Bayesian parameter inferen ...
»Marvel et al.: GISS did omit land use forcing
A guest article by Nic Lewis I reported in a previous post, here, a number of serious problems that ...
»Bayesian parameter estimation: Radiocarbon dating re-examined
A guest article by Nic Lewis Introduction In April 2014 I published a guest article about statistica ...
»Gerry Browning: In Memory of Professor Heinz Kreiss
Gerry Browning writes: The Correct System of Equations for Climate and Weather Models The system of ...

Date published: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 21:42:54 +0000
Details

Date published: not known
Details

»Clean Energy Council delusional about wind power
Dug out of my files this 9 page April 2012 pdf from the CEC titled “There’s power in wind: nat ...
»Moratorium required on further Australian wind power
The AEMO price blowouts that flowed from the 9 May 2016 shutdown of South Australian coal fired powe ...
»Coast to gorgeous coast – Australia has only 200MW wind power at 8am
This NemWatch screenshot shows how wind is completely useless at times. Unless we shut the Nation do ...
»ABC headline “Hanson’s views on Islam dominate Q & A” is utter rubbish
A true headline could be “ABC inspired and GreenLeft attacks on Hanson dominate Q & A. ...
»Record cold July days in tropical NT and NW to central Qld
This animation for the 12th to 15th July shows a cool anomaly which moves from northern WA into the ...
»The Australian Energy Market Commission makes it up as it goes along
Read and weep – Review of market frameworks for power system security 14 July 2016 – No ...
»Will Malcolm Turnbull be Australia’s lamest “Lame Duck” Prime Minister?
So innovative and excited Malcolm gets to be PM with a micro-majority. Every day praying there will ...
»South Australia burning diesel to prop up electricity exports to Victoria
At 10.35am AEST Nemwatch shows SA burning diesel to generate 91MW to contribute to a Region Total De ...
»Fracking opponents on even weaker ground now
RetractionWatch.com reports – The authors of two environmental papers, including one about the ...
»Australian Electoral Commission travels backwards in time
Yesterday morning I noticed some odd reverse movements in the percentage of votes counted in the six ...

Date published: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 01:48:35 +0000
Details
Latest Forum Posts
Posted by Anonymous
It is said that when playing CSGO games.Having the[more ...]
07/21 00:18

Posted by Anonymous
< Global Offensive > is a sequel to the distinc[more ...]
07/21 00:17

Posted by HaHa
< Global Offensive > is a sequel to the distinc[more ...]
07/21 00:15

Posted by Anonymous
This article can tell you recover deleted photos f[more ...]
07/17 18:49

Posted by Anonymous
You can try this android data recovery to recover [more ...]
07/17 18:46

Posted by Anonymous
This article may be helpful to you: recover delete[more ...]
07/17 18:43

Posted by Anonymous
Sometimes it happens that we mistakenly delete som[more ...]
07/13 20:34

Posted by aaronbaker
Anonymous wrote ...I have a similar experience. Tw[more ...]
07/04 19:26

Posted by Anonymous
I have a similar experience. Two months ago I dele[more ...]
07/04 02:45

Posted by Anonymous
That was truly amazing post thanks for share this [more ...]
07/02 06:13

Relevant Sponsors

Donations
Any Amount helps support improvements

* or *

Advertise on this site

Road Gear

License Plate Frames
Support the Truth

Skeptic License Plate Frame
"SKEPTIC"

It's Natural License Plate Frame
"It`s Natural"

Liberty License Plate Frame
"Liberty"

* MORE *
Strong and durable metal license plate holder. Uses full color high resolution images. UV and Water Protection. Satisfaction Guaranteed
RSS Feeds
Our news can be syndicated by using these rss feeds.
rss1.0
rss2.0
rdf
Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Mobile Version
e107mobileYou can now visit us on your mobile phone! Simply goto http://GlobalWarmingHoax.com on your mobile phone or PDA to get started!

Forums
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   
AGW

Begin New Thread
Author Post
g0bmup
Sat Jan 14 2012, 04:55PMQuote
GuestWikipedia states that each gas contribution to the greenhouse effect is determined by the characteristics of that gas. Even though CO2 condtitutes only .0390% of the atmosphere, the Wikipedia article states that CO2 contributes 9 - 26% to the so-called greenhouse effect. Water vapor, which constitutes some 95% of all greenhouse gases, is noted as contributing 36 -72% of the total. Is this correct?
Anonymous
Mon Jan 23 2012, 03:48PMQuote
GuestYes. CO2 is virtually transparent to thermal energy, as demonstrated by Angstrom in the 19th century. Clouds on the other hand, are the planet's method for regulating temperature. Heat from the sun evaporates water, leading to increased cloud cover, which reflects further sunlight into space. Temperature drops, water precipitates. Very elegant system, and does not postulate CO2, from whatever source, as having very much, if any effect.

Oh noers, we need to ban H2O vapor now!

*Rolleyes*

To OP, yes, it is correct, except for the part about CO2 contributing to warming. The figures are overstated, and I would probably put the CO2 warming effect at 1-2% max.
Anonymous
Fri Feb 17 2012, 12:35AMQuote
GuestThe Wikipedia article assumes water vapor does not build up in the atmosphere in response to total solar insolation... it allegedly only builds up as a "feedback" to an increase in CO2. Such theory is junk science, and requires careful analysis to identify all of the errors.
Moderators: Admin, Kristen Byrnes, R.Danneskjöld, MMulligan

Jump:     Back to top

Begin New Thread

Quick Reply:

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF