» More Evidence Against a Methane Time Bomb

» Agriculture: Tropical Cyclones are Welcome Visitors

» Sea Level Acceleration: Not so Fast

» Hansen Is Wrong

» Earth’s Carbon Sink Still Strong and Growing

» Wild Speculation on Climate and Polar Bears

» Illiteracy at NASA

» The Heat Was On—Before Urbanization and Greenhouse Gases

» What’s to Blame for the Rains on the Plains?

NewsBusters - Global Warming

» CNN's Blitzer: 'I Don't Remember' Biden's Law School Plagiarism

» CNN's Chetry: 'Please Tell Me It's Not Lipstick Again'

» MRC Report Asks: Why No Fairness Doctrine for PBS?

Science and Public Policy Institute

Climate Science: Roger Pielke Sr. Research Group

» Roger Pielke Sr. is now on Twitter!

» 2012 Climate Science Weblog in Review by Dallas Jean Staley – A Guest Post

» The Weblog Is Retiring

» Publication Of “Reply to “Comment On ‘Ocean Heat Content And Earth’s Radiation Imbalance. II. Relation To Climate Shifts’ ” by Nuccitelli Et Al. By Douglass and Knox 2012

» Q&A From A Group Of Retired NASA Personnel And Associates

» The Importance of Land Use/Land Practices On Climate – A Perspective From Jon Foley

» Interview With James Wynn In The English Department At Carnegie Mellon University

» University Of Alabama At Huntsville October 2012 Lower Tropospheric Temperature Analysis

» USA Election Day 2012

» New Paper “Climatic Variability Over Time Scales Spanning Nine Orders of Magnitude: Connecting Milankovitch Cycles With Hurst–Kolmogorov Dynamics” By Markonis And Koutsoyiannis

» Goodell and Deflategate Science

» Raymond Bradley and the Grand Old Duke of York

» Ruling out high deflation scenarios

» Exponent’s Transients: Bodge or Botch?

» NFL Officials Over-Inflated Patriot Balls

» More on Deflategate

» Deflategate and Errors in the Wells Report

» Implications of recent multimodel attribution studies for climate sensitivity

» Scientific American article: “How to Misinterpret Climate Change Research”

» Pitfalls in climate sensitivity estimation: Part 3

Watts Up With That?

» Well, if CO2 reduction won’t matter, let’s not worry about it

» How good is the NASA GISS global temperature dataset?

» Quicky Early August 2015 ENSO Update: NINO3.4 Sea Surface Temperature Anomalies Still Just Above the Threshold of a Strong El Niño

» Announcing Obama’s new ‘Carbon Pollution’ plan

» Obama May Finally Succeed!

» New Earthquake Early Warning System to be Deployed by USGS

» Weekly Climate and Energy News Roundup #190

» Glaciers And The Distraction Of The West Antarctic Ice Sheet (WAIS)

» Problems With Analyzing Governed Systems

» A Tale of Two Extremes: Rainfall Across the US

» The Mathematics of Carbon Dioxide Part 4

» Claim of new efficiency milestone in a new solar battery

Global Warming News

» EPA’s Power Sector Carbon Rules: Are They Legal?

» Clean Power Plan: Reactions to EPA’s Preview “Fact Sheet”

» Hearing Shines Light on Social Cost of Carbon Sophistry

» EPA’s Climate Action Flimflam Report, Part 2

» Dueling Opinion Polls: Is Climate Change the Top Global Concern — or Lowest?

» Is Carbon Capture and Storage a ‘System of Emission Reduction’?

» Climate Change and Health: What Does the Gray Lady Say?

» If You Only Read One Commentary on the Papal Encyclical . . .

» PNAS Study Implicitly Confirms Climate Treaty Threatens Developing Country Economies

» OMB Acknowledges (Most) of Our Comments on the Social Cost of Carbon, Engages None

Fox News - Climate Change Stories

Michelle Malkin - Enviro-Nitwits

» Place your bets: How will Hillary’s campaign ‘offset’ private jet emissions?

» Just plane hypocritical: Hillary Clinton proves she’s ready to be Obama’s climate change successor

» Going green: Obama and Bill Nye’s Earth Day fuel-fry cost taxpayers a cool million

» Holy hypocrisy and hot air

» EPA chief wants to help ‘climate deniers’ be ‘normal’

DailyTech Michael Asher`s blog

» Will the Real Antarctica Please Stand Up?

» Global Warming May Decrease Hurricanes, Research Suggests

» Japanese Report Disputes Human Cause for Global Warming

» Sea Ice Ends Year at Same Level as 1979

» A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the (Climate) Forum

» Climate Report Downgrades Ice Loss; Media Reports Opposite

» Princeton Physicist Calls Global Warming Science "Mistaken"

» Defying Predictions, Sea Level Rise Begins to Slow

» Electric Car Sales in Freefall; Industry Risks Collapse

» Glaciers in Norway Growing Again

C3 - Climate Cycles Change

CATO - Global Warming

» GOP Candidates and Spending Cuts

» Two Takeaways from Samuel DuBose's Killing

» Modern Tea Party Tosses Olympics

» Walter Palmer Alone Is Not to Blame for Cecil the Lion's Death

» An 'ISIS-free Zone' Is Nothing but a Road to US Mission Creep

» The IMF Experts Flunk, Again

» India Losing Opportunity to Become Next Great Power? Narendra Modi's Faltering Revolution

» The Best Argument against Immigration

» King v. Burwell Expanded Obamacare Even More than You Know

» Demonizing Foreign Investors for the Sins of U.S. Tax Policy Is as Dangerous as It Is Absurd

» Taking Voter Equality Seriously

» Wanted: Small-Government Republicans

» Legislative Cyber Threats: CISA's Not the Only One

» Putin Paranoia: Over-Imaginative U.S. and NATO Fear Russian Aggression Aided by Greek Fifth Column

» Millennials Will be Worse off Thanks to New York's $15 Minimum Wage Hike

» Coercion Is Bad Economics

» Millennials Support Iran Deal

» Occupy Albany: New York's Far-Left Attorney General

» Seeking an Elusive Balance in U.S. Attitudes toward China

» Note to Greece: Mixing Currency and Politics Doesn't Work

» Promoting Very Unsettled Science

» Outrage over Forfeiture Reform Is Unjustified

» Can Economic Dynamism and Political Stability Survive China's Battle against Freedom?

» Why the ISIS Threat Is Totally Overblown

» Still Needed: Stronger Welfare Reform

CanadaFreePress - Global Warming

More Global Warming Hoax News Feeds

---
Since Exxon Hasn't Sent Us Our First Million Dollars Yet You're Welcome To Help Pay Our Bills Until They Do.

Headlines

»Obama’s Climate Push Sets Up Battle Reminiscent of Obamacare
»Flashback 1992: Gore on CO2 emissions: ‘No government mandated requirements would be necessary of any kind’ – ‘Purely voluntary measures’
Gore in 1992: 'No government mandated requirements would be necessary of any kind, that we could all ...
»Scientist: ‘The President’s Clean Power Plan is Built Upon a Pack of Lies’
Dr. Craig D. Idso, Chairman - Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change: 'President O ...
»Meteorologist Joe Bastardi on EPA: ‘All This for .01 Degrees Celsius?’
'The true hockey stick of the fossil fuel era: Global progress in total population, personal w ...
»Watch Now: Morano on BBC TV on Obama EPA climate regs: ‘Even if we faced a climate crisis, these regs would have no impact. It’s pure symbolism’
  Morano on BBC TV: 'If the Democrats win the White House with a committed global warming agend ...
»Another coal giant files for bankruptcy
»The ‘No Mow’ Movement: ‘Manicured lawns are ruining the planet’
'The main point of growing a natural yard is to attract wildlife and build a self-regulating environ ...
»Obama Will Jetset To The Arctic To Warn About Global Warming
»Obama unleashes energy crippling climate plan to cut greenhouse gases by 32% in 2030
»‘Obama To Announce Job Killing, Inflation Producing, Economy Slowing, Clean Energy, Plan’

Date published: Tue, 04 Aug 2015 07:56:00 +0000
Details

»UAH V6.0 Global Temperature Update for July 2015: +0.18 C
NOTE: This is the fourth monthly update with our new Version 6.0 dataset. Differences versus the old ...
»15 Years of CERES Versus Surface Temperature: Climate Sensitivity = 1.3 deg. C
The NASA CERES project has updated their EBAF-TOA Edition 2.8 radiative flux dataset through March o ...
»New Pause-Busting Temperature Dataset Implies Only 1.5 C Climate Sensitivity
Amid all of the debate over whether the global warming pause/hiatus exists or not, I’d like to bring ...
»Revised UAH Global Temperature Update for June 2015: +0.33 deg. C.
We discovered there were several days during June when communication problems prevented the transfer ...
»The Greek Tragedy: Will We Heed the Warning?
Caution: For those who think I should stick to science, turn your eyes away now. When my daughter st ...
»UAH V6.0 Global Temperature Update for June, 2015: +0.31 deg. C
NOTE: This is the third monthly update with our new Version 6.0 dataset. Differences versus the old ...
»Can Infrared Radiation Warm a Water Body? Part II
(This is a follow-up to my post from a little over a year ago, but with some exprimental results). I ...
»Smoke Pouring into U.S from Canadian Wildfires
Portions of up to ten plains states are covered by smoke this morning from hundreds of wildfires now ...
»Alaska On Fire: Satellite Views 260+ Wildfires
An unusually warm and dry spring has led to widespread wildfire activity in Alaska, with over 260 wi ...
»Auroras Seen as Far South as Georgia and Arkansas
The severe geomagnetic storm late yesterday produced rare auroras seen as far south as Georgia and A ...

Date published: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 16:24:49 +0000
Details

»Matt Ridley: What the Climate Wars Did to Science
I cannot recommend Matt Ridley’s new article strongly enough.  It covers a lot of ground be he ...
»Manual Adjustments in the Temperature Record
I have been getting inquiries from folks asking me what I think about stories like this one, where P ...
»Mistaking Cyclical Variations for the Trend
I titled my very first climate video “What is Normal,” alluding to the fact that climate ...
»Typhoons and Hurricanes
(Cross-posted from Coyoteblog) The science that CO2 is a greenhouse gas and causes some warming is h ...
»Those Who Follow Climate Will Definitely Recognize This
This issue will be familiar to anyone who has spent time with temperature graphs.  We can ask oursel ...
»Layman’s Primer on the Climate Skeptic Position
I am a “lukewarmer”, which means a skeptic that agrees that man-made CO2 is incrementall ...
»When Climate Alarmism Limits Environmental Progress
One of my favorite sayings is that “years from now, environmentalists will look back on the cu ...
»Why We Are Exaggerating “Extreme Weather”
I have written in article at Forbes.com called Summer of the Shark, Global Warming Edition.  It desc ...
»HydroInfra: Scam! Investment Honeypot for Climate Alarmists
Cross-posted from Coyoteblog. I got an email today from some random Gmail account asking me to write ...
»Presentation: The Science of the Skeptic Position
Here is the most recent version of my presentation “Don’t Panic: The Science of the Clim ...

Date published: Wed, 08 Jul 2015 20:32:04 +0000
Details

»Obama Commits US To Even Deeper CO2 Cuts To Appease UN
by Michael Bastasch, DailyCaller The Obama administration is unveiling a new regulatory agenda Monda ...
»Obama To Unveil Tough Emission Cuts As Part Of Climate Change Actions
The cuts will be Obama’s toughest action yet to combat climate change. NEW YORK (AP) — Preside ...
»Nobel Prize-Winning Scientist Says Obama Is ‘Dead Wrong’ On Global Warming
By Marc Morano, ClimateDepot Dr. Ivar Giaever, a Nobel Prize-Winner for physics in 1973, declared hi ...
»China cracks down on environmental protection, arrests thousands suspected of environmental crimes
By Becca Stanek China is getting serious about protecting the environment and expects its citizens t ...
»IPCC Ignores its Own Findings on Stratospheric Cooling
Written by Steven Capozzola The IPCC claims that stratospheric cooling disproves solar-driven warmin ...

Date published: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 19:04:10 +0000
Details

»Goodell and Deflategate Science
Yesterday, Roger Goodell released his decision on the Brady appeal. Most of the early discussion has ...
»Raymond Bradley and the Grand Old Duke of York
In today’s post, I’ll return to more typical Climate Audit programming.  Upside-down Man ...
»Ruling out high deflation scenarios
Further to my series of posts on Deflategate, reader chrimony observed that my statistical analysis ...
»Exponent’s Transients: Bodge or Botch?
In my first writeup, I observed that Exponent’s Logo transients appeared to be bodged too high ...
»NFL Officials Over-Inflated Patriot Balls
One of the ironies of the NFL’s conduct in this affair is that it can be established that NFL ...
»More on Deflategate
By converting football pressures to ball temperatures under the Ideal Gas Law, it is possible to con ...
»Deflategate and Errors in the Wells Report
Readers in the U.S. are doubtless aware of the “Deflategate scandal”, in which the NFL a ...
»Implications of recent multimodel attribution studies for climate sensitivity
Last year, a paper of mine (Lewis 2014) showing that the approach used in Frame et al (2005), which ...
»Scientific American article: “How to Misinterpret Climate Change Research”
A Scientific American article concerning Bjorn Stevens’ recent paper “Rethinking the low ...
»Pitfalls in climate sensitivity estimation: Part 3
A guest post by Nicholas Lewis In Part 1 I introduced the talk I gave at Ringberg 2015, explained wh ...

Date published: Tue, 04 Aug 2015 01:15:11 +0000
Details

Date published: not known
Details

»Rare sight on USGS web page as Australia stars in global earthquake stakes
This is the rare sight preserved. USGS map below has seafloor details with no shortage of large scal ...
»What impact will Tesla Powerwall batteries have on the way we consume electricity and the price of lithium?
Reader Bob has sent me articles about the Tesla electric car and the Powerwall and Powerpack storage ...
»Senator Mark Butler addresses many empty seats on Environment at Labor Conference
Shows the great concern Labor has for the environment. Around 2pm Saturday I saw on ABC News24 TV Se ...
»Global warming causes too much ice in Hudson Bay in July!!
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation finds thick sea ice in July stops their polar expedition. The CBC ...
»Was the automating of Australian lighthouses in the 1990’s a policy stupidity ?
Just thinking back to the de-personning of our lighthouses – what net money was saved? ...
»Shock horror!! – greenhouse-gas forcing causes recovery of Sahel rainfall
Remembering the great media beat-ups blaming Sahel drought on global warming. You could not make thi ...
»Chattanooga killer has no known links to international terrorism – must be lone wolf
US federal investigators say a gunman, Mohammad Youssuf Abdulazeez, 24, who killed four marines in a ...
»“Bad apple” found in ACT Branch CFMEU – Stop Press 2nd “bad apple” arrested
Ex-CFMEU organiser Halafihi Kivalu arrested after damning tapes played at commission – I like ...
»Sydney has coldest nights for 44 years 1st to 15th July 2015
I saw this referred to on media – Sydney has its coldest winter in decades – Checking th ...
»Why does Google tolerate thousands of spammers using or spoofing GoogleMail addresses
In my experience at this blog most of the thousands of spam comments every day quote a GoogleMail ad ...

Date published: Sat, 01 Aug 2015 06:14:30 +0000
Details
Latest Forum Posts
Posted by Anonymous
Is a great topic salwar suits in collection salwar[more ...]
07/09 00:23

Posted by Anonymous
I think, it’s a thoughtful posting and offering al[more ...]
07/06 04:47

Posted by Anonymous
Very good digestive tract wellbeing = bodily healt[more ...]
06/21 05:40

Posted by Anonymous
[quote][quote]You put certainly revolutionary idea[more ...]
05/14 11:08

Posted by Anonymous
Anonymous wrote ...You put certainly revolutionary[more ...]
05/12 23:28

Posted by Anonymous
[quote]You put certainly revolutionary ideas in th[more ...]
05/12 23:27

Posted by Anonymous
05/12 23:25

Posted by Anonymous
05/12 23:24

Posted by Anonymous
You put certainly revolutionary ideas in the post.[more ...]
05/12 06:06

Posted by Michael Bay
Have you guys ever considered the fact that maybe [more ...]
05/04 12:00

Relevant Sponsors

Donations
Any Amount helps support improvements

* or *

Advertise on this site

Road Gear

License Plate Frames
Support the Truth

Skeptic License Plate Frame
"SKEPTIC"

It's Natural License Plate Frame
"It`s Natural"

Liberty License Plate Frame
"Liberty"

* MORE *
Strong and durable metal license plate holder. Uses full color high resolution images. UV and Water Protection. Satisfaction Guaranteed
RSS Feeds
Our news can be syndicated by using these rss feeds.
rss1.0
rss2.0
rdf
Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Mobile Version
e107mobileYou can now visit us on your mobile phone! Simply goto http://GlobalWarmingHoax.com on your mobile phone or PDA to get started!

Forums
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   
BP,Greenpeace & The Big Oil Jackpot by Donna Laframboise

Author Post
Denny
Fri Jun 04 2010, 02:08PM
Registered Member #140

In what passes for debate about climate change one of the most tiresome allegations is that skeptics are lavishly funded by big oil. As a result of this funding, so the argument goes, the public has been confused by those who'll say anything in exchange for a paycheck.

"Follow the money" we're told and you'll discover that climate skeptics are irredeemably tainted. Ergo nothing they say can be trusted. Ergo their concerns, questions, and objections should be dismissed out of hand.

It's therefore amusing that the current oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is now drawing attention to the close relationship between climate change activists and BPaka British Petroleum, an entity for which the descriptor "big oil" was surely invented.

According to the Washington Post the green group Nature Conservancy – which encourages ordinary citizens to personally pledge to fight climate change - "has accepted nearly $10 million in cash and land contributions from BP and affiliated corporations over the years."

Gee, didn't Greenpeace build an entire ExxonSecrets website to expose the allegedly diabolical fact that, over a 9-year-period (1998-2006) ExxonMobil donated a grand total of $2.2 million to a conservative think tank?

$10 million versus $2 million. Who do we suppose has the cozier relationship with big oil?

But that's just the beginning. The Washington Post also points out that Conservation International, another green group which insists climate change represents a "profound threat," has "accepted $2 million in donations from BP over the years and partnered with the company on a number of projects."

Funny, Greenpeace doesn't talk about that. Nor does it mention:

* that BP is funding research into "ways of tackling the world's climate problem" at Princeton University to the tune of $2 million per year for 15 years

* that BP is funding an energy research institute involving two other US universities to the tune of $500 million – the aim of which is "to develop new sources of energy and reduce the impact of energy consumption on the environment"

* that ExxonMobil itself has donated $100 million to Stanford university so that researchers there can find "ways to meet growing energy needs without worsening global warming"

The only dollar amounts Greenpeace cites in its explanation of why it decided to launch ExxonSecrets is that measly $2.2 million. Versus 10 + 2 + 30 + 500 + 100. Let's see, which all adds up to…wait for it…$642 million.

If the world is divided into two factions – one that believes climate change is a serious problem and another that thinks human influence on the climate is so minimal it's indistinguishable from background noise – one group has pulled off a bank heist while the other has been panhandling in front of the liquor store.

In the same document in which Greenpeace talks about the ExxonMobil money it chillingly asserts that climate "deniers" aren't entitled to free speech. Why? Because "Freedom of speech does not apply to misinformation and propaganda."

Actually, the big thinkers on the subject have consistently taken the opposite view. John Stuart Mill was adamant that no one has the right to decide what is or is not propaganda on everyone else's behalf. He would have looked Greenpeace in the eye and told it to stop imagining that its own judgment is infallible.

More than a hundred years later Noam Chomsky famously declared that if you don't believe in freedom of expression for opinions you despise you don't believe in it at all.

If Greenpeace would like to have a serious conversation about who, exactly, is spreading misinformation I'm up for that - since it's overwhelming obvious that the big oil jackpot was awarded to those on the Greenpeace side of the debate.

The fact that climate change activists have enjoyed such a powerful funding advantage and yet insisted all the while that the exact opposite was the case is troubling. It tells us a good deal about their intellectual rigour. About their character. And about their ability to distinguish fact from fiction.

If there really is a climate crisis, if our grandchildren's future really is imperiled, these aren't the people to lead us out of the wilderness.

Source
Moderators: Admin, Kristen Byrnes, R.Danneskjöld, MMulligan

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF