» More Evidence Against a Methane Time Bomb

» Agriculture: Tropical Cyclones are Welcome Visitors

» Sea Level Acceleration: Not so Fast

» Hansen Is Wrong

» Earth’s Carbon Sink Still Strong and Growing

» Wild Speculation on Climate and Polar Bears

» Illiteracy at NASA

» The Heat Was On—Before Urbanization and Greenhouse Gases

» What’s to Blame for the Rains on the Plains?

NewsBusters - Global Warming

» CNN's Blitzer: 'I Don't Remember' Biden's Law School Plagiarism

» CNN's Chetry: 'Please Tell Me It's Not Lipstick Again'

» MRC Report Asks: Why No Fairness Doctrine for PBS?

Science and Public Policy Institute

» Forest Growth Responses to Increasing Temperatures

» Stop Climate Fear Mongering

» Was 2014 the Warmest Year on Record? No, It Wasn't...

» Problems with Model Predictions of Species Extinctions

» The Influence of C02 on Plant Antioxidants

» Health Effects of Hot vs. Cold Temperatures in Asia

» Coral Reef Responses to Temperature and Stress: Thermal Adaptation

» Forest Growth Response to C02

» Onward Marches the Great Pause

» Response of Various Marine Animals to Ocean Acidification and Warming

» FACE Experiments and Grassland Species

» Effects of Ocean Acidification on Fish

» Response of Fish to Ocean Warming

» Additional Grounds for Rejecting Biofuels

» The Global Medieval Warm Period

» Growth Rates of Old Versus Young Forest Trees

» Water Use Efficiency of Agricultural Species

» Tropical Trees

» Global Temperatures and Biospheric Productivity

» Rewriting Sunspot History

» Analysis of the Second Order Draft of the Working I Contribution to IPCC 5AR

» The Economics of Biofuels

» The Warming-Induced Evolution of Terrestrial Plants

» Medieval Warm Period in Southern Europe

» Effects of Elevated C02 on the Stomatal Conductance of Agricultural Crops

Climate Science: Roger Pielke Sr. Research Group

» Roger Pielke Sr. is now on Twitter!

» 2012 Climate Science Weblog in Review by Dallas Jean Staley – A Guest Post

» The Weblog Is Retiring

» Publication Of “Reply to “Comment On ‘Ocean Heat Content And Earth’s Radiation Imbalance. II. Relation To Climate Shifts’ ” by Nuccitelli Et Al. By Douglass and Knox 2012

» Q&A From A Group Of Retired NASA Personnel And Associates

» The Importance of Land Use/Land Practices On Climate – A Perspective From Jon Foley

» Interview With James Wynn In The English Department At Carnegie Mellon University

» University Of Alabama At Huntsville October 2012 Lower Tropospheric Temperature Analysis

» USA Election Day 2012

» New Paper “Climatic Variability Over Time Scales Spanning Nine Orders of Magnitude: Connecting Milankovitch Cycles With Hurst–Kolmogorov Dynamics” By Markonis And Koutsoyiannis

» Important New North American East Coast Proxy Data

» Ground-truthing Marcott

» More Mann Grafting

» Mann and the Legacy of “Bogus”

» One of Carvin’s Gaffes

» Oral Argument 2: EPA on “Fraud” Allegations

» Oral Argument 1: Context

» IPCC Lead Author and the Nazca Vandalism

» Reply to Laden and Hughes on Sheep Mountain

» “Unprecedented” Model Discrepancy

Watts Up With That?

» Pope Francis Apparently Doesn’t Know IPCC Climate Objective Contradicts Catholic Doctrine.

» Catastrophic Anthropogenic Vulcanology

» Greg Laden, and his ‘cowardly unethical asinine foolhardy pig-ignorant act’

» Saturday silliness – the BEST adjustments of temperature

» Time Magazine’s Jeffrey Kluger writes what might possibly be the stupidest article about climate ever – climate change causes volcanoes

» Friday Funny – for whom the bell Tols

» What are Your Fears about Global Warming and Climate Change?

» 87 Is The New 97

» A Sin Of Commission

» Claim: ‘global warming has been amplified in cities’, ignores infrastructure increase

» BEST practices step uncertainty levels in their climate data

» NSIDC Mark Serreze’s sea ice ‘death spiral’ no longer ‘screaming’ on the way down, now termed to be ‘erratic & bumpy’

Global Warming News

» Food vs. Fuel: Worse than We Thought?

» Update on Textgate, EPA’s Burgeoning Transparency Scandal

» No, Sen. Franken, Government Didn’t Make Fracking Happen

» EPA Proposal Desperately Seeks Seminole Rock Deference

» Energy Bullet Points: Obama Announces Alaska Anti-Energy Policy with Maudlin PSA; Best Yet Evidence against Iowa’s First-in-the-Nation-Presidential-Primary-Vote; and Much, Much More

» “Warmest Year” Blather – Distraction from Big Picture

» A Pictorial History of Political Regulations Promulgated by Obama’s EPA

» Blockbuster FOIA Production Exposes EPA’s PR Strategy for Climate Regs

» Weekend Media Review: No One Mentions Climate Change; Chris Wallace Calls out WH Chief of Staff for Energy Fib

» Green Missive Moves Up Economic Doomsday Clock to Three Minutes until Midnight

Fox News - Climate Change Stories

Michelle Malkin - Enviro-Nitwits

» Koch-a-geddon watch: Salon picks up slack for Harry Reid while he recovers

» Mayor of Bridgeport thanks Al Sharpton for ‘fighting the good fight’ against snow in January (I mean ‘climate change’)

» Al Gore and Pharrell are right, we need to take action against greenhouse gases — THEIRS

» Mitt Romney to make minor tweaks to climate change stance until he’s elected president

» You’ve entered The Hypocrisy Zone: Billionaire Democrat wants YOU to downsize your lifestyle

DailyTech Michael Asher`s blog

» Will the Real Antarctica Please Stand Up?

» Global Warming May Decrease Hurricanes, Research Suggests

» Japanese Report Disputes Human Cause for Global Warming

» Sea Ice Ends Year at Same Level as 1979

» A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the (Climate) Forum

» Climate Report Downgrades Ice Loss; Media Reports Opposite

» Princeton Physicist Calls Global Warming Science "Mistaken"

» Defying Predictions, Sea Level Rise Begins to Slow

» Electric Car Sales in Freefall; Industry Risks Collapse

» Glaciers in Norway Growing Again

C3 - Climate Cycles Change

CATO - Global Warming

» Social Security Isn't Going Away -- But It Is Going to Get Worse

» Did Global Warming Juice Winter Storm Juno?

» Petrostates Have a Cheap Oil Malady

» Improving Educational Options for Georgia Children

» The Smart Way to Stop Illegal Immigration

» Watch out, America: Mexico May Be the Next Failed State

» Obama's Budget: Why Won't President Fix What Needs Fixing (Hint: Social Security, Medicare)?

» Border Surveillance Follies

» Do We Care about Prisoners in Solitary Confinement?

» Obama: Try Something New

» Ukraine's Conflict with Russia Isn't America's Fight, Part 2

» No, Mass Surveillance Won't Stop Terrorist Attacks

» Greeks Vote against Euro and European Union and for Home Rule and Democracy

» For Supreme Court Justices, Only the Law and the Constitution Should Matter

» Currency Manipulation and the Trans-Pacific Partnership: What Art Laffer, Fred Bergsten, and Other Hawks Get Wrong

» The President's Fictional Record

» How the GOP Wins in the Northeast

» Saudi Arabia as America's Frenemy: Obama to Visit 'Ally' Which Makes World More Dangerous

» Saudi Arabia: New Leader, Same Medieval State

» Washington and the World According to Mac Thornberry

» America's Frightening "Policing for Profit" Nightmare

» If You Like Higher Prices, Enriched Cronies, and Weak National Security, Then You’ll Love the Jones Act

» U.S. Should Stay Out of the Russo-Ukrainian Quarrel: Why the Conflict in Ukraine Isn't America's Business, Part I

» Fix Pensions with 'Buyback'

» The Hidden Costs of Monetary Mischief

CanadaFreePress - Global Warming

» Obama Administration To Advise Vatican On Climate Change Ahead Of Encyclical

More Global Warming Hoax News Feeds

---
Since Exxon Hasn't Sent Us Our First Million Dollars Yet You're Welcome To Help Pay Our Bills Until They Do.

Headlines

»‘Climate of Hate: His Children Are Urged To Kill Him’…UK Daily Mail’s David Rose Becomes Victim Of Vicious Hatred
»‘Hottest year’? ‘The margin of error is 0.1ºC. That is 5 times larger than the increment by which 2014 supposedly surpassed 2010′
Key Analysis: According to the Climatic Research Unit of the UK Met Office, the margin of error in e ...
»Warmists turning Mark Twain phrase on its head: ‘Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it.’
Climate Depot comment: 'Warmists want to not only talk about the weather (hurricanes, tornadoes, flo ...
»NYT cites GOP voter who claims ‘A tree fell on my house’ due to global warming to hype new poll
American Thinker analyzes new NYT/Stanford poll: If the "statistics" didn't convince you, the New Yo ...
»Analysis of NYT/Stanford climate poll analysis: ‘Cook up a poll, produce results they like, and then use it as a club to make whatever they want’
American Thinker analyzes new NYT/Stanford poll: 'The New York Times has a breathless announcement:  ...
»Skewed poll: NYT doesn’t ask if people will pay to fight global warming — they won’t
»Which is it? Time Mag. goes both ways on volcanoes! TIME Mag.: ‘Climate Change Leads to Volcanoes’ – OR Flashback Time Mag 2014: ‘Volcanoes May Be Slowing Down Climate Change’
»Watch: Morano featured as villain in new warmist documentary: ‘Merchants of Doubt’
Marc Morano in warmist film: 'I am not a scientist, although I do occasionally play one on TV ...
»‘Anyone can be a prophet of doom: Pick a spot on the globe, any spot, and state with oracular authority that it will suffer most from runaway climate change’
»EPA Chief: The pope and Obama are in sync on climate change

Date published: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 16:26:34 +0000
Details

»The “Historic” Blizzard of 2015 Ranked #41
The numbers are in at the National Climate Data Center, and out of the top 55 snowstorms impacting t ...
»Super Snow Sunday Chicago
A vigorous low pressure tracking eastward from Colorado will intensify and bring up to a foot of new ...
»Northeast Snowstorms & Atlantic Water Vapor: No Connection in Last 27 Years
One of the theories of how snowstorms can be made worse is that warming oceans provide more moisture ...
»“Peak Food”? No, the Average Person Has More Food to Eat
There’s an article in yesterday’s Independent entitled, Have we reached ‘peak food ...
»New York City Gets a Taste of the Precautionary Principle
The New England blizzard that hit yesterday infamously missed its primary target: New York City. In ...
»About that Drone that Crashed at the White House…
With my photography hobby, I’ve been interested in the amazingly stable video that small quadc ...
»The Little Blizzard that Couldn’t
It was going to be epic. The worst evah. Two feet of snow or more for New York City with blizzard co ...
»3 Feet on Long Island? How Epic will this Snowstorm Be?
UPDATED 11 a.m. EST with GFS model forecast. There is no question the snowstorm just entering New En ...
»Monday Night’s Asteroid Passage the Closest/Largest in Next 12 Years
Tomorrow night an asteroid the size of a small mountain will pass about 3 Moon distances from the Ea ...
»How the Climate System Works (for Dummies)
No, I’m not talking about how the climate system has helped dummies make money off it. I’m taking th ...

Date published: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 12:57:52 +0000
Details

»Mistaking Cyclical Variations for the Trend
I titled my very first climate video “What is Normal,” alluding to the fact that climate ...
»Typhoons and Hurricanes
(Cross-posted from Coyoteblog) The science that CO2 is a greenhouse gas and causes some warming is h ...
»Those Who Follow Climate Will Definitely Recognize This
This issue will be familiar to anyone who has spent time with temperature graphs.  We can ask oursel ...
»Layman’s Primer on the Climate Skeptic Position
I am a “lukewarmer”, which means a skeptic that agrees that man-made CO2 is incrementall ...
»When Climate Alarmism Limits Environmental Progress
One of my favorite sayings is that “years from now, environmentalists will look back on the cu ...
»Why We Are Exaggerating “Extreme Weather”
I have written in article at Forbes.com called Summer of the Shark, Global Warming Edition.  It desc ...
»HydroInfra: Scam! Investment Honeypot for Climate Alarmists
Cross-posted from Coyoteblog. I got an email today from some random Gmail account asking me to write ...
»Presentation: The Science of the Skeptic Position
Here is the most recent version of my presentation “Don’t Panic: The Science of the Clim ...
»Switching Back to Disqus
For a variety of reasons, I had to turn off Disqus a while back.  We are going back to it for commen ...
»Reconciling Conflicting Climate Claims
Cross-posted from Coyoteblog At Real Science, Steven Goddard claims this is the coolest summer on re ...

Date published: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 15:45:50 +0000
Details

»Al Gore develops $90 trillion scheme to rebuild every city to get rid of cars
By Mark Whittington, examiner.com The World Economic Forum occurring in Davos, Switzerland, held to ...
»Mitt Romney Comes Out Of The Closet on Global Warming
By Elmer Beauregard At a time when most Republicans have realized the Global Warming is a hoax, Mitt ...
»Top Ten Reasons Climate Change is a Hoax
By Elmer Beauregard The Senate voted this week on whether Climate Change is real or a hoax, I think ...
»Senate Missed Huge Opportunity On ‘Hoax” Vote
By Elmer Beauregard Yesterday the Senate voted 98 to 1 that “Climate Change” is not a ho ...
»‘Hottest year’ hysteria a ploy to make us poorer
by Lorrie Goldstein, Toronto Sun Get ready for a year of climate change hysteria designed to make yo ...

Date published: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 22:39:37 +0000
Details

»Important New North American East Coast Proxy Data
One of my long-standing interests is the location of ocean sediment series that enable apples-to-app ...
»Ground-truthing Marcott
The MD99-2275 core offshore Iceland is a very high-resolution ocean sediment core, results of which ...
»More Mann Grafting
Jeff Norman draws attention to Figure 1 in a new Mannian tirade, a variation of Mann’s stump s ...
»Mann and the Legacy of “Bogus”
One of the most bizarre conclusions of D.C. Judge Combs-Greene were her findings that it was actiona ...
»One of Carvin’s Gaffes
In some recent posts, I’ve observed that Carvin made a couple of astonishing gaffes in his ora ...
»Oral Argument 2: EPA on “Fraud” Allegations
Towards the end of Carvin’s mostly cringeworthy rebuttal,  he seemed to score on EPA’s r ...
»Oral Argument 1: Context
I have an audio copy of the oral argument in Mann v Steyn, which I’ve posted up (see link at t ...
»IPCC Lead Author and the Nazca Vandalism
IPCC Lead Author Sven Teske, as alertly observed by Shub Niggurath, was one of the leaders of the va ...
»Reply to Laden and Hughes on Sheep Mountain
A couple of days ago, Greg Laden published a response from Malcolm Hughes to my recent Sheep Mountai ...
»“Unprecedented” Model Discrepancy
Judy Curry recently noted that Phil Jones’ 2014 temperature index (recently the subject of maj ...

Date published: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 22:29:17 +0000
Details

»Forest Growth Responses to Increasing Temperatures
It has been claimed that CO2-induced global warming will be so great and so rapid that many of Earth ...
»Stop Climate Fear Mongering
The massively funded international global warming movement has grossly exaggerated the threat from C ...
»Was 2014 the Warmest Year on Record? No, It Wasn't...
Nature trumpets “2014 was the hottest year on record,” citing the Japan Meteorological Agency, the W ...
»Problems with Model Predictions of Species Extinctions
The world's climate alarmists contend that CO2-induced global warming will lead to numerous extincti ...
»The Influence of C02 on Plant Antioxidants
Environmental stresses induced by exposure to pollutants, drought, intense solar radiation and high ...
»Health Effects of Hot vs. Cold Temperatures in Asia
Climate alarmists predict global warming will increase human death rates, and nary a heat wave occur ...
»Coral Reef Responses to Temperature and Stress: Thermal Adaptation
As living entities, corals are not only acted upon by the various elements of their environment, the ...
»Forest Growth Response to C02
By examining various properties of tree rings, researchers can deduce how historical increases in th ...
»Onward Marches the Great Pause
Since October 1996 there has been no global warming at all (Fig. 1). This month’s RSS temperature pl ...
»Response of Various Marine Animals to Ocean Acidification and Warming
Most of the ocean acidification research conducted to date has focused solely on the biological impa ...

Date published: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 20:57:42 +0000
Details

»January days over Australia the coolest since 2000 – contrary to Bureau of Meteorology predictions
Maps tell the story – first the Outlook prediction for a hot January Then the real world resul ...
»Australian Bureau of Meteorology predicted a dry January but it turned out very wet
A major rain event starting in Alice Springs ~7th and running about a week destroyed the BoM dry pre ...
»Sydney enjoys coldest Australia Day for 58 years
Of course you are seeing this in MSM headlines? Yesterday Sydney barely struggled above 20°C on Aust ...
»How much longer will the Abbott Government allow the Bureau of Meteorology to damage itself by keeping on crying wolf about ordinary very hot spells
There we go again – BoM predictions of heat records – Weather records set to tumble with ...
»BoM calls a hottest day ever record temperature in Alice Springs 4.5°C above reality
How could professional met people make such a huge mistake? BoM withdraws advice Alice Springs recor ...
»Temperature anomaly maps for France show recurring anomalies from year to year
A reader has sent in these maps observing some features live on from year to year. “Compared t ...
»We are living in a [censored] of a warm period compared to Roman and Medieval times
Great review by Dr Craig Idso highlighting new Chinese research – over at ICECAP
»NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) claiming 2014 was the hottest year ever does not deserve creedence
Global media swoon over the dodgy claim by GISS that 2014 was hottest evah. GISS have a rich traditi ...
»Australian Bureau of Meteorology fails to repair their flagship ACORN temperature dataset as the Director of Meteorology expected
In May 2014 I got a reply from Dr Rob Vertessy, Director of the BoM – to my pointing out that ...
»Bureau of Meteorology Outlook for January rain looks sick after 10 days
Recently the BoM started including monthly Outlook maps – not sure why but there you go. The D ...

Date published: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 18:38:37 +0000
Details
Latest Forum Posts
Posted by Anonymous
nice post
01/16 02:00

Posted by Hazel Perry
Great examine post! That’s most significant detai[more ...]
01/16 01:59

Posted by Anonymous
Great examine post! That’s most significant detai[more ...]
01/16 01:58

Posted by Anonymous
Admired writing skill! This article is honestly a [more ...]
01/05 03:29

Posted by Anonymous
Studying this info! From the beginning to the end,[more ...]
01/05 03:22

Posted by Anonymous
Peer Reviewed Hoax Busting Studies Kristen Byrnes[more ...]
12/01 02:44

Posted by Anonymous
I've learn all the posts and i discovered very uni[more ...]
11/27 01:55

Posted by Melantha 
  It is already August, the day of Cheap FIFA 15 C[more ...]
11/14 23:16

Posted by  The statement is a
  /  The other week, we saw the top player ranking[more ...]
10/01 02:26

Posted by Anonymous
Search AGWunveiled to discover the two drivers tha[more ...]
08/18 07:00

Relevant Sponsors

Donations
Any Amount helps support improvements

* or *

Advertise on this site

Road Gear

License Plate Frames
Support the Truth

Skeptic License Plate Frame
"SKEPTIC"

It's Natural License Plate Frame
"It`s Natural"

Liberty License Plate Frame
"Liberty"

* MORE *
Strong and durable metal license plate holder. Uses full color high resolution images. UV and Water Protection. Satisfaction Guaranteed
RSS Feeds
Our news can be syndicated by using these rss feeds.
rss1.0
rss2.0
rdf
Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Mobile Version
e107mobileYou can now visit us on your mobile phone! Simply goto http://GlobalWarmingHoax.com on your mobile phone or PDA to get started!

Forums
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   
Global Warming is Over: Don Esterbrook posted by Charlotte Ramotswe

Go to page       >>  
Begin New Thread
Author Post
Denny
Mon Dec 29 2008, 04:06PMQuote
Registered Member #140

In 2001 geologist Don Easterbook predicted the beginning of a period of global cooling. At a recent meeting of the American Geophysical Union in San Francisco he again predicted a period of cooling based in part on correlation between past glacial fluctuations, his area of expertise, with periods of low solar irradiance and changes in the Pacific Ocean:

“GLOBAL, cyclic, decadal, climate patterns can be traced over the past millennium in glacier fluctuations, oxygen isotope ratios in ice cores, sea surface temperatures, and historic observations. The recurring climate cycles clearly show that natural climatic warming and cooling have occurred many times, long before increases in anthropogenic atmospheric CO2 levels. The Medieval Warm Period and Little Ice Age are well known examples of such climate changes, but in addition, at least 23 periods of climatic warming and cooling have occurred in the past 500 years. Each period of warming or cooling lasted about 25-30 years (average 27 years). Two cycles of global warming and two of global cooling have occurred during the past century, and the global cooling that has occurred since 1998 is exactly in phase with the long term pattern. Global cooling occurred from 1880 to ~1915; global warming occurred from ~1915 to ~1945; global cooling occurred from ~1945-1977;, global warming occurred from 1977 to 1998; and global cooling has occurred since 1998. All of these global climate changes show exceptionally good correlation with solar variation since the Little Ice Age 400 years ago.

The IPCC predicted global warming of 0.6° C (1° F) by 2011 and 1.2° C (2° F) by 2038, whereas Easterbrook (2001) predicted the beginning of global cooling by 2007 (± 3–5 yrs) and cooling of about 0.3–0.5° C until ~2035. The predicted cooling seems to have already begun. Recent measurements of global temperatures suggest a gradual cooling trend since 1998 and 2007–2008 was a year of sharp global cooling. The cooling trend will likely continue as the sun enters a cycle of lower irradiance and the Pacific Ocean changed from its warm mode to its cool mode.

Comparisons of historic global climate warming and cooling, glacial fluctuations, changes in warm/cool mode of the Pacific Decadal Oscillation (PDO) and the Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation (AMO), and sun spot activity over the past century show strong correlations and provide a solid data base for future climate change projections. The announcement by NASA that the Pacific Decadal Oscillation (PDO) had shifted to its cool phase is right on schedule as predicted by past climate and PDO changes (Easterbrook, 2001, 2006, 2007) and coincides with recent solar variations. The PDO typically lasts 25–30 years, virtually assuring several decades of global cooling. The IPCC predictions of global temperatures 1° F warmer by 2011, 2° F warmer by 2038, and 10° F by 2100 stand little chance of being correct. “Global warming” (i.e., the warming since 1977) is over.

The real question now is not trying to reduce atmospheric CO2 as a means of stopping global warming, but rather (1) how can we best prepare to cope with the 30 years of global cooling that is coming, (2) how cold will it get, and (3) how can we cope with the cooling during a time of exponential population increase? In 1998 when I first predicted a 30-year cooling trend during the first part of this century, I used a very conservative estimate for the depth of cooling, i.e., the 30-years of global cooling that we experienced from ~1945 to 1977. However, also likely are several other possibilities (1) the much deeper cooling that occurred during the 1880 to ~1915 cool period, (2) the still deeper cooling that took place from about 1790 to 1820 during the Dalton sunspot minimum, and (3) the drastic cooling that occurred from 1650 to 1700 during the Maunder sunspot minimum. Figure 2 shows an estimate of what each of these might look like on a projected global climate curve. The top curve is based on the 1945-1977 cool period and the 1977-1998 warm period. The curve beneath is based on the 1890-1915 cool period and 1915-1945 warm period. The bottom curve is what we might expect from a Dalton or Maunder cool period. Only time will tell where we’re headed, but any of the curves are plausible. The sun’s recent behavior suggests we are likely heading for a deeper global cooling than the 1945-1977 cool period and ought to be looking ahead to cope with it.

The good news is that global warming (i.e., the 1977-1998 warming) is over and atmospheric CO2 is not a vital issue. The bad news is that cold conditions kill more people than warm conditions, so we are in for bigger problems than we might have experienced if global warming had continued. Mortality data from 1979-2002 death certificate records show twice as many deaths directly from extreme cold than for deaths from extreme heat, 8 times as many deaths as those from floods, and 30 times as many as from hurricanes. The number of deaths indirectly related to cold is many times worse.

Depending on how cold the present 30-year cooling period gets, in addition to the higher death rates, we will have to contend with diminished growing seasons and increasing crop failures with food shortages in third world countries, increasing energy demands, changing environments, increasing medical costs from diseases (especially flu), increasing transportation costs and interruptions, and many other ramifications associated with colder climate. The degree to which we may be prepared to cope with these problems may be significantly affected by how much money we waste chasing the CO2 fantasy.

All of these problems will be exacerbated by the soaring human population. The current world population of about 6 ½ billion people is projected to increase by almost 50% during the next 30 years of global cooling (Figure 2). The problems associated with the global cooling would be bad enough at current population levels. Think what they will be with the added demands from an additional three billion people, especially if we have uselessly spent trillions of dollars needlessly trying to reduce atmospheric CO2, leaving insufficient funds to cope with the real problems.

Don J. Easterbrook is a geologist at the Department of Geology, Western Washington University. He has authored 8 books (including the text book Surface processes and landform Prentice Hall Publishing Co., 546 p.) ) and 150 journal publications.

This article is republished from Abstracts of American Geophysical Union annual meeting, San Francisco December, 2008.

Anonymous
Tue Dec 30 2008, 12:02AMQuote
Guestwow, that was awesome... I can't believe the ignorance of so many people in the world when it comes to issues like "MMGW"
Denny
Tue Dec 30 2008, 12:01PMQuote
Registered Member #140
Anonymous,

It is this kind of information the Alarmists do not want everyone to hear. The Biased Media will not talk about this openly, to which, I use to see both sides in one article. That was some time ago! The Internet is the only means now that tells "Our" side effectively. Plus, Anonymous, there is a lot of Money to be had out there by the Alarmists thru Our Tax Dollars at hand...
ron
Sun Jun 28 2009, 08:53PMQuote
Registered Member #378
The only power left is the power of the people. When governments fail, people take matters into their own hands. I'm not justifying that, just observing it from history. From the relatively benign American Revolution to the blood-thirsty and chaotic French Revolution.

Other countries had enacted "green" legislation and were able to recant it later. I think we can do the same. We must impress upon our legislators that if they enact this craziness, that this will be their last term in office.

If I were the big oil companies, I would pull all my lobbyists back and say, fine, get elected on your own dime. See how far that gets you.
Saber
Tue May 04 2010, 11:26AMQuote
Registered Member #528
Well, it appears this has already been disproven.
And the warming did not stop in 1998; 1998 was an exceptionally warm year, and subsequent year have been cooler than that. But, the trend still increasing.
Denny
Tue May 04 2010, 02:18PMQuote
Registered Member #140
Saber, you cannot "trust" what the government states! You need to do MORE research. Read this article...and followup at the 700 peer review papers.

Saber
Wed May 05 2010, 12:22AMQuote
Registered Member #528
But, doesn't Dr. Spencer work for the government? For NASA? So his research is government research.
The link I provided is from NASA, the same place Spencer works.
I will do research into it later (read as: tomorrow). I wrote two papers today that involved a lot of research. I tried to look up stuff for this, but I'm shot, lol.
But, can you please clarify what makes a good government source and what makes a bad one. And is the AAAS safe in your mind? How about the NAS? Those are both very highly respected scientific organizations that have been around since looooong before anything about AGW was even thought of. I personally hold them in high esteem, even though I have found articles that I dont agree with ideologically, they have a very strict peer-review and will not publish articles with bad science. If something gets by them, they will post an articles that says they messed up and [blah] is not correct.
Denny
Wed May 05 2010, 04:07PMQuote
Registered Member #140
Saber, you are correct! My comment yesterday should have said, "a majority" cannot be trusted. Sorry! I know I sound "biased" in my comments. Since I've been "partially" retired and started to do some "serious" research on CAGW, I've concluded that the science didn't quite fit. Especially when I noticed the CAGW scientist couldn't be including ALL the required info in their models..They think they have but seriously climate science is in it's "infancy". Sure, as the years have passed technology has started to "mature" to the point of looking at Climate Globally and to some degree "more precise". But Man has a very long way to go to effect Climate Globally since I've done my personal research, Saber. I commend you on how you are approaching this issue...

The AAAS is an organization I'm not familiar with. NAS is a respectable organization with "peer reviewed" work. I found this at their web site, an article about how Shapiro is going to lead a group to review the IPCC. Here:

I do not think they have any stance as they shouldn't being their position is suppose to be based on Science. Now Nature is another issue. They are slowly coming around since "ClimateGate" occurred in Nov. 2009. This is an happenstance Saber you most definitely want to study. I have posted a lot of articles on this subject. Plus there are some very good sites that help too.

It's good that you ask questions...Let us know, we are here to help!
Lucidity
Wed May 05 2010, 04:32PMQuote
Registered Member #529
"The analysis, conducted by the Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) in New York City, also shows that in the Southern Hemisphere, 2009 was the warmest year since modern records began in 1880."

this is only data from modern records. As the article states, these began in 1880, but it does not account for temperature changes that have been naturally increasing and decreasing for hundreds of thousands of years. The earliest data that is known (as far as I am aware) is from Antarctic Vostok Ice Core Data. Despite the fact that this is the warmest that the earth has been since at least the late 1800s, it is most certainly not the warmest summer that has occurred on our planet.

I've researched to make sure that the source was reliable, and i ended up finding Vostock Ice core data available here as well.

Denny, I don't believe that it is plausible to discredit all government data as being false. It can most certainly have errors or formulated opinions/observations, but then again all data on the internet is rather unreliable and it is up to us to decide what is able to be trusted. You are right to check other sources, but don't disregard all the data that government based programs present. After all, the Vostok Ice Core data came from the government. ;)

Even if you meant your statement to simply encourage researching further before posting, it did sound rather inconsiderate the way it was typed.

Back on the topic of the article that this thread started with, I honestly don't believe that the warming trend has stopped. I think that we still have quite a bit of warming in front of us, but after a few hundred years the earth will start cooling down. I'd love to see if I'm correct, but I'm pretty certain I'll be dead by then c:
Lucidity
Wed May 05 2010, 04:36PMQuote
Registered Member #529
Sorry, guess i posted a little late. Denny beat me to it, but I'm glad you were able to clear up what you said
Denny
Wed May 05 2010, 07:55PMQuote
Registered Member #140
Posted: Wed May 05 2010, 09:53PM

Hi Lucidity, congrats on coming a new member here. Yes, the temperature has gone up but in very small increases. The MAIN issue is WHAT is causing CAGW?
Check out the latest posting I did today here at GWH.com I posted the article for you below...Bob Carter is someone you want to listen to...

Also, you need to read this article....http://www.globalwarminghoax.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?1705.post

Lucidity, I recommend strongly on going into our "forums" and read what we have...If you are new to CAGW
Denny
Wed May 05 2010, 07:57PMQuote
Registered Member #140
Lucidity, here's the link to Bob Carter interview...

Sorry about that!!! ;-)
Denny
Wed May 05 2010, 08:16PMQuote
Registered Member #140
Saber & Lucidity, read this article....very interesting!

and this one from William Briggs....does an excellent job on explaining....

and finally the latest in Skeptical Peer Reviewed Papers...700 of them! I had to break the article down into 5 posts! It starts here...recommend spending time here...

Hope this helps unless you have "already" concluded your opinion...
Lucidity
Thu May 06 2010, 08:15PMQuote
Registered Member #529
Thanks, I'll have to check them out later. high school isn't all that generous with free time. I don't have a solid opinion yet, which is why I joined, and why I've been doing research on it. While I know that burning fossil fuels is damaging to the environment and air as a whole, I don't quite believe that it is responsible for global warming. We simply don't know enough about our earth to give a definite answer.

One thing I've been wondering about after thinking back to the link I posted earlier, was where all the C02 could have gone. The C02 levels and temperature seem to have changed naturally, and in a rather consistent pattern of warming an cooling. I really couldn't figure out logically how the C02 could simply disappear. Guess I'll look it up tomorrow though and see if I can find some info on it.

The worlds an amazing thing isn't it? c:
Denny
Thu May 06 2010, 09:01PMQuote
Registered Member #140
Amanda, thanks for you insight on this issue. I appreciate you coming here to look at a side that wasn't noticiable until last Nov. when "ClimateGate" broke...A question in your statement where you said, "While I know the burning fossil fuels is damaging to the environment and air as a whole". If you are referring to "polution" then yes it can be when concentrated in medium to large cities with certain conditions...If you are referring it towards CO2 then no I have to disagree. There's NO "Empirical Evidence" that shows CO2 causing "excessive" CAGW...This is important for you to make a proper judgement on this...For if you don't, you will get caught up in the typical "Green" thought pattern that you will never get out of...

Thought you should know this...Let me or Us know here at GWH.com should you need assistance..A personal question, Amanda, if I may....Is the "avitar" you???
Denny
Thu May 06 2010, 09:09PMQuote
Registered Member #140
Amanda,

May I also invite you to read the latest from the recent "unheard" report of our air quality...Good read...EPA doesn't want people to know...

Always good news!!! Only if ONE heards of it! ;-)
Lucidity
Fri May 07 2010, 03:10PMQuote
Registered Member #529
haha, yah, i was referring to the pollution caused by it, not the actual C02. The avatar isn't me. I'm just a deviantart junkie.

here's the artist

I've actually been doing art for 5 years, that's probably what my major will be in college.
Denny
Fri May 07 2010, 04:11PMQuote
Registered Member #140
Amanda, that site was very "cool"... Thanks! And "thanks" for clearing up what you meant in the above statement!
Lucidity
Fri May 07 2010, 04:20PMQuote
Registered Member #529
Well I've read the articles you've posted and searched around the internet a bit. I don't take making decisions about my opinions very lightly, but the 'evidence' of AGW seems less and less logical the more I look into it. In fact... I seem to be finding more solid and tangible evidence that disproves it. I've been looking up a lot about the oceans effect on temperature and C02 as well, which makes it easier for me to comprehend how the climate can change over time.

The only thing that I can't seem to figure out now is how the temperatures of the oceans change over time and what effect that change has on C02 absorption.
Denny
Fri May 07 2010, 05:25PMQuote
Registered Member #140
Amanda, may I recommend this article! Be sure to read the comments...There's very good responses from Science of Doom (Pro-CAGW) and David (Realist) who's site your at...very good conversation..

here's another from David's Blog:
A good read...A true scientist always looks for evidence to "defeat" his Theory, Amanda. This is what I strive for but so far the Alarmists only conjure up "repeated results...Sure, there are some new papers but these Climate Scientists use the "same" bases Computer Models to "drive" their predictions...Keep this in mind, always. I would like to state that it didn't take me long to find out how much of a "hoax" the CAGW agenda was...Did you see one of todays posting's?? Check this out!

Amanda, just "more" proof on how deception, lies and corruption come from the same type of Science...because this is "proof" of how they see with ALL of the Climate Taxes applied, and only a few so far from their ultimate plan, will corrupt countries to their foundations...Scarey isn't it. And you should be if you care...

Go to page       >>  
Moderators: Admin, Kristen Byrnes, R.Danneskjöld, MMulligan

Jump:     Back to top

Begin New Thread

Quick Reply:

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF